• Should understand DDL in deep (SQL Server Database design principles)
o Should be able design database (create database, tables etc.) for any given
o Normalization / DE normalization processes and importance.
o Should understand constraints in deep like PK, UK, FK, Check etc.
• Great knowledge of DML
o Select Queries (Advance select queries with multiple table, sub-queries, joins,
functions, udf, Orders, Groups etc.)
o Insert Queries (Create data), Advance insert queries, Insert From, Select INTO
o Update Queries (Update from multiple sources), update from another table etc.
o Delete / Truncate Queries (Advance Delete Queries)
o Stored Procedures / Functions / Triggers
o Internal SQL Server Date Functions, Internal SQL Server Math/Numeric
Functions, Internal SQL Server String Functions.
• Cursors / Temporary Tables
• SQL Server Global Variables: @CONNECTIONS, @ERROR, @IDENTITY, @IDLE,
@CPU_BUSY,@LANGUAGE, @ROWCOUNT etc.
• Should have detailed understanding of SQL Server Architecture (SQL Server
2008R2 / 2015 / 2019 any)
• Should possess knowledge of SQL Server Instances, Connections,
Authentications (Windows / SQL Server)
• Should possess knows of SSRS
• Added advantage o Reporting in SSRS o Knowledge of SSAS / SSDT