Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings
(DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
• Configure and setup Cisco Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications
• Design, setup and configure complex switching environments
• Design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications
• Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking
• Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, EtherChannel (Bonding), etc.
• Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
• Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities
• Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
• Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support
• Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
• Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
• Complete time logs in Tigerpaw within 48 hours of completing tasks to ensure accurate and timely billing of customers
• Any other duties as assigned by management
Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
• Current CCNA / CCDA / BSCN / CCNP certification
• Cisco Unified Communication Manager configuration and infrastructure a plus
• Windows Server; Exchange and/or SQL experience a plus
• Additional certifications relevant to the field
• Knowledge of VoIP / SDWAN implementation and support
• Maintain network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls
• Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a small business environment
• Must hold a valid driver’s license with no restrictions and possess reliable transportation
• The ability to understand customer requirements and act quickly to resolve the reported issues
• Availability in response to needs of the customer for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions, etc.