1. Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
2. Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
3. Prepare documentations and specifications
4. Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
5. Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
6. Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
1. Strong proficiency in MySQL database management, decent experience with recent versions of MySQL.
2. Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
3. Experience with replication configuration in MySQL
4. Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
5. Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
6. Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler
7. Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
8. Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases along with monitoring tools. Maxscale and Proxy SQL.
9. Working in a Linux environment is a must.
10. Knowledge of Docker is an advantage.
11. Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases.