- Significant proven experience in applying rigorous data management principles and industry standard development approach to model complex and high-volume data assets to build, maintain conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Demonstrable experience using data modeling tools – e.g., Erwin, SQLDBM
Evaluate existing data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
- Experience with managing meta data for data models.
- Demonstrable experience in developing, publishing, and maintaining all documentation for data models.
- Work with Business Analysts, Data Architects, Software developers, DBAs to achieve project objectives – delivery dates, cost objectives, quality objectives, business customer satisfaction objectives, etc.
- Create entity-relationship diagrams for relational systems and dimensional diagrams for the existing and proposed Data Warehouse, Data Marts, and data cubes
Define ownership, obtain approvals, and communicate data models to Technology teams.
- Ensure consistent enterprise view and usage of data assets across the global functions and standards.
- Provide architectural expertise in Data warehouse construction and engineering, data source identification, engineering, and migration on latest DB technologies – Snowflake.
- Provide feedback to Business Intelligence project and management team to improve data acquisition (structured and unstructured), warehousing methodologies and tools.
- Experience in Agile development processes.
- Ability to independently learn new technologies and data related approaches
Effective writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, should possess a consulting mindset
Cross industry experience is preferred, Quick service restaurant / Retail will be preferred
- Data Modeling concepts (Advanced Level)
- · Erwin, Snowflake, DB/MS SQLServer
- ·Modeling experience across large volume based (Tb/Petabytes) environments
Over-All understanding of Database space (Databases, Data Warehouses, Reporting, Analytics)
- Open to learn new technologies in-line with organizational needs / direction
Experience in working with modern cloud data platforms in AWS (preferred)
Well versed with Data Modeling platforms like Erwin, ER STUDIO etc.
- Strong skills in Entity Relationship Modeling (ERWin modeling software preferred)
- Good knowledge about Database Designing / Administration, Advanced Data Modeling for Star Schema design
- Good understanding of Normalized / Denormalized / Star / Snowflake design concepts
- SQL query development for investigation and analysis
Experience with Data Profiling Tools and BI tools like MicroStrategy will be plus